Not That I Could Tell is *NOW AVAILABLE* (new March 27, 2018)
- A featured Book of the Month Club selection for March! See what the selection committee had to say about the book they dub a “page-turner à la Big Little Lies.”
- Featured Title in Modern Mrs. Darcy’s 2018 Summer Reading Guide
- A Barnes & Noble Best New Fiction Selection!
- Buzzfeed: “5 Suspenseful Thrillers for Fans of Ruth Ware”
- BookBub: “12 Book Club Books to Read This Spring”
- Goodreads Trend Alert: Exploring the “Moms in Danger” Thrillers
- Bustle: “9 New Book Covers Rocking Pantone’s Color of the Year”
- The Daily Beast: “What to Read in March”
- BookBub: “New Books for Jodi Picoult Fans Coming in 2018”
- PopSugar: “The Best New Books You Should Read This Spring”
- CityBeat profile: “A Close-to-Home Thriller From a Rising Local Writer”
- Publishers Weekly reviews Not That I Could Tell as an “engrossing, taut tale”
- Booklist raves, “Full of slow-burning intrigue, Strawser’s second novel will appeal to fans of Liane Moriarty’s Big Little Lies and Jennifer Kitses’ Small Hours.”
- Booktrib‘s “6 Best Thrillers of the Season”
- BookBub: 16 New Books We’d Call in Sick For
- The Providence Journal reviews Not That I Could Tell as “a psychological thriller of the highest order, as well written as it is structured”
- Named a Publishers Lunch & Netgalley “On Our Radar” noteworthy title
- Writer’s Digest “Most Anticipated Upcoming Books”
- The Parkersburg News & Sentinel: “A story that makes everyone question their motives, this one will leave you thinking after the pages are done.”
- All About Romance rates Not That I Could Tell a “Desert Isle Keeper”
- Read a free excerpt via Macmillan, Criminal Element or Vilma Iris.
- Released from Hodder Books in the UK April 5, 2018!
Buzz for Almost Missed You (new in paperback Feb. 6, 2018!)
- Reading Group Gold guide included in all new paperback editions!
- One of Book Riot‘s 2018 “34 Suspenseful Page-Turners for Summer Reading”
- Named Among Great Thoughts’ Top Books of 2017
- Cincinnati Magazine: “A New Tumultuous Read Through the Queen City”
- CityBeat: “Notable Regional Books of 2017”
- BookReporter.com Summer Reading Feature Selection
- Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading Pick (“Intense Novels” Category)
- Richmond Times-Dispatch review (“imaginative … leaves the reader breathless.”)
- Akron Beacon-Journal review (“the quality of Strawser’s writing will keep the pages turning”)
- BookBub: 17 Breakthrough Books of Spring 2017
- Complicated Love Stories to Read With Your Book Club (via BookBub)
- Almost Missed You on Barnes & Noble’s Best New Fiction shortlist for March
- Almost Missed You among PopSugar’s Best Spring Reads
- Brain, Child interview: “Don’t Miss Almost Missed You”
- The Cincinnati Enquirer profile: “Writer’s Digest Editor Pens Cincy-Set Novel”
- Dayton Daily News: “Writer’s Digest Editor Scores With Debut Novel”
- RT Book Reviews: “A book worth losing sleep over”
- USA Today: “Top Wistful Reads That Explore ‘What If?’ and ‘If Only…'”
- Flavorwire‘s “The Sweetest Debut”
- Caroline Leavittville: “Marriage, Secrets, Mystery & A Stunning Debut”
- Huffington Post: “An Interview With Jessica Strawser”
- Publishers Weekly’s Soapbox “Every Writer Needs an Editor …”
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: “Debut Novel Offers a Lot to Talk About”
- Coming in the UK August 9, 2018, from Hodder Books!
SIGNINGS & APPEARANCES
Events are regularly added; please see the Events + Workshops page.
Writer’s Digest: Jessica Strawser Discusses the Journey From Editor to Author & Her New Book, Not That I Could Tell
An in-depth interview with the magazine I led for nearly a decade.
WVXU “Around Cincinnati” Interview With Barbara Gray
Stream our discussion about the interplay between the characters in Not That I Could Tell, and the inspiration behind them.
WYSO “Book Nook”
A chat with host Vick Mickunas via Yellow Springs, where Not That I Could Tell is set.
“3 Ways to Use ‘Accidental Research’ to Write More Authentic Fiction
Part essay, part how-to, this guest post on Women Writers, Women’s Books discusses the experiences that influenced Not That I Could Tell and offers advice for fellow scribes.
Cover to Cover: A Streaming Radio Discussion of Not That I Could Tell
With gratitude to emcee Mark Dewitt for hosting me.
30 Seconds of Writing Advice, Live with Jessica Strawser, via Writer’s Digest
A lightning round video from my writing room.
The Debutante Ball Interview
With The Queen of Hearts author Kimmery Martin on influences, favorite characters, and basing fiction on real people (or not).
Literary Mama Profile
“Jessica Strawser works literary magic from two distinct angles …”
Ohio Magazine: “3 Questions With Author Jessica Strawser”
On setting books in my home state, and more.
Cincinnati Public Library “Inside the Writer’s Head” Podcast
A look inside my writing life hosted by the library’s 2017 writer-in-residence, Kurt Dinan.
Interview with YouTube Host Tim Knox
On my new role as Writer’s Digest editor-at-large, fiction writing influences, and more.
Video Chat via Must Read Fiction
Discussing both novels and more.
Video Chat on the “Writing Fun” YouTube Channel
In real time from my writing room.
Featured in 2 Elizabeths: A Literary Magazine With a Heart for Community
On the continued influence of Writer’s Digest on my writing life, and much more.
“Joy on Paper” Syndicated Radio
Tune in for a live interview broadcast Thursday, June 8, 11 a.m. EST.
’17 Scribes Interview With Jessica Strawser
A release day Q&A discussing Almost Missed You.
Around Cincinnati, WVXU (91.7 FM, Cincinnati)
Stream audio of my March 26 interview on my local NPR affiliate.
Tall Poppy Writers: Meet Jessica Strawser
On my favorite books, the perks of the writing gig, and happiness.
The DIYMFA Podcast, Episode 140
Host Gabriela Pereira steers this in-depth interview in which I delve into writing multiple POV suspense, building complicated characters, and more.
Kimmery Martin’s Book Blog
A book review and author interview, all rolled into one.
Wednesdays With Writers
Writer Leslie Lindsay reviews Almost Missed You and asks me all about soul mates, my best advice from my years at Writer’s Digest, and more.
The Sharing Your Book Blog: For Book Lovers, by Authors
A Q&A about Almost Missed You courtesy of fellow author Jill Hannah Anderson.
Alaska Radio: On Top of the World
A discussion with host Chris Story (and possibly the closest I will ever get to setting foot in Alaska!).
Women and Adversity
A Q&A as part of this ongoing blog series.
Listen to me talk writing with bestselling author-host Steven James on “The Story Blender” via Suspense Radio (original air date: Feb. 12, 2016)
Get freelance writing tips from my guest spot on “Literary Speaking” (with host Crystal-Lee Quibell’s) via Blogtalk Radio, also available on iTunes (original air date: March 1, 2016)
On Reading With Robin, PopSugar‘s Brenda Janowitz discusses her best spring fiction picks, including Almost Missed You.