THIS JUST IN
- Not That I Could Tell is now available for preorder!
- BookReporter.com Summer Reading Feature Selection
- Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading Pick (“Intense Novels” Category)
- BookBub: 17 Breakthrough Books of Spring 2017
- Complicated Love Stories to Read With Your Book Club (via BookBub)
- Almost Missed You on Barnes & Noble’s Best New Fiction shortlist for March
- Almost Missed You among PopSugar’s Best Spring Reads
- Brain, Child interview: “Don’t Miss Almost Missed You”
- The Cincinnati Enquirer profile: “Writer’s Digest Editor Pens Cincy-Set Novel”
- Dayton Daily News: “Writer’s Digest Editor Scores With Debut Novel”
- USA Today: “Top Wistful Reads That Explore ‘What If?’ and ‘If Only…'”
- Flavorwire‘s “The Sweetest Debut”
- Caroline Leavittville: “Marriage, Secrets, Mystery & A Stunning Debut”
- Huffington Post: “An Interview With Jessica Strawser”
- Publishers Weekly’s Soapbox “Every Writer Needs an Editor …”
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: “Debut Novel Offers a Lot to Talk About”
SIGNINGS & WORKSHOPS
March 28, 2017, 7 p.m.
April 6, 2017, 6 p.m.
April 8, 2017
May 5-6, 2017
May 10, 2017, 6 p.m.
May 16, 2017, 7 p.m.
Antioch Writers’ Workshop LitSalon (Featured Author)
May 21, 2017, 4-7 p.m. (light bites & beverages will be served)
Green Tree Public Library (Joint Event With Author Rebecca Drake)
June 29, 2017, 7 p.m. (discussion of my Almost Missed You, Rebecca’s Only Ever You and the domestic suspense trend, followed by Q&A and book signing)
Mystery Writers Bookshop’s Coffee & Crime Series (Featured Author)
July 1, 2017, 10:30 a.m. (coffee & pastries, discussion, Q&A and a book signing)
Antioch Writers’ Workshop (Instructor)
July 8, 2017 (daytime workshop + evening faculty signing)
July 20-22, 2017
August 1, 2017, 7 p.m.
August 4, 2017, 7 p.m.
(free with admission to the game; books available for sale/signing)
August 10, 2017, 5:30-7:15 p.m.
Info / Registration ($30 Fee)
October 28, 2017, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Looking for a speaker or panelist who offers a seasoned editor’s expertise as well as a writer’s perspective? Contact me!
“Joy on Paper” Syndicated Radio
Tune in for a live interview broadcast Thursday, June 8, 11 a.m. EST.
’17 Scribes Interview With Jessica Strawser
A release day Q&A discussing Almost Missed You.
Around Cincinnati, WVXU (91.7 FM, Cincinnati)
Stream audio of my March 26 interview on my local NPR affiliate.
Tall Poppy Writers: Meet Jessica Strawser
On my favorite books, the perks of the writing gig, and happiness.
The DIYMFA Podcast, Episode 140
Host Gabriela Pereira steers this in-depth interview in which I delve into writing multiple POV suspense, building complicated characters, and more.
Kimmery Martin’s Book Blog
A book review and author interview, all rolled into one.
Wednesdays With Writers
Writer Leslie Lindsay reviews Almost Missed You and asks me all about soul mates, my best advice from my years at Writer’s Digest, and more.
The Sharing Your Book Blog: For Book Lovers, by Authors
A Q&A about Almost Missed You courtesy of fellow author Jill Hannah Anderson.
Alaska Radio: On Top of the World
A discussion with host Chris Story (and possibly the closest I will ever get to setting foot in Alaska!).
Listen to me talk writing with bestselling author-host Steven James on “The Story Blender” via Suspense Radio (original air date: Feb. 12, 2016)
Get freelance writing tips from my guest spot on “Literary Speaking” (with host Crystal-Lee Quibell’s) via Blogtalk Radio, also available on iTunes (original air date: March 1, 2016)
On Reading With Robin, PopSugar‘s Brenda Janowitz discusses her best spring fiction picks, including Almost Missed You.
Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop (Sponsor Representative)
University of Dayton, Ohio, March 31 – April 2, 2016
5th Annual Books-in-Progress Conference (Featured Speaker)
Carnegie Center, Lexington, Kentucky, June 3, 2016
Writer’s Digest Conference (Featured Speaker)
New York Hilton Midtown, August 12 – 14, 2016